*** Update #6 (2020-06-19): Message from the Board of Directors – House League Season Cancelled; Off-Season Training Updated; Registration Updated; Start of Season Updated
*** Update #5 (2020-06-15): Message from the Board of Directors – see in red below; Start of Season info updated
*** Update #4 (2020-06-01): Rep/Select Registration deadline extended to June 15; start of season info updated.
*** Update #3 (2020-05-15): Rep/Select Registration deadline extended to May 31
*** Update #2 (2020-04-30): Registration and Start of Season info updated
*** Update #1 (2020-03-28)
This post has been created to provide the members of the BaseballMilton community with updates regarding COVID-19 in the context of the 2020 baseball season. The COVID-19 situation continues to change day to day and we endeavour to update you, our members, with changes, decisions, and applicable information as timely as possible.
Please monitor this post regularly. We hope to see you all real soon.
Message From The Board of Directors
HOUSE LEAGUE SEASON CANCELLED
It is with our deepest regret that after much discussion and significant effort to avoid this outcome, we must announce the cancellation of the 2020 House League season. There have been many factors that have been taken into consideration prior to arriving at this decision. The primary deciding factors are as follows:
- Health and welfare of our players and families
- Could we effectively provide a safe baseball environment?
- Baseball Ontario Return To Play guidelines
- Would it be possible to ensure that the Baseball Ontario guidelines were met comprehensively?
- Could we provide our coaches with sufficient support?
- No clear timeline for Stage 3 but will likely not happen until July 1 at the earliest
- Our House League season typically ends in the middle of August. This is primarily due to the limited number of lit diamonds available to us. Most parks, such as Rotary, are typically get too dark to be playable before 8pm by mid-August.
- We had multiple scenarios mapped out for return to play but all scenarios required a July 1st start date to ensure we could accommodate a minimum of 6 weeks of play.
- Limited field availability
- Only a portion of the diamond inventory will be made available this summer by the Town of Milton. Even with a reduced registration, we would not be able to field all of our teams this summer.
There were other considerations as well but it was decided at our most recent board meeting this past Wednesday that cancellation was ultimately unavoidable and that we should make the call sooner rather than later.
Refunds will be processed over the next few weeks in alphabetical order based on last name. Please be advised that in order for us to manage the bank transaction fees associated with these refunds as well as with the original registration, we will be retaining an amount of $5. Thanks in advance for your understanding and consideration.
Please note, we are offering the option to apply your current 2020 registration towards an early registration for the 2021 House League season. If you are interested in this option, please forward an email to email@example.com by June 24, 2020. No additional House League registration costs will be incurred with this option. This includes the scenario where you are moving to an older age group (eg Peewee registration for the price of Mosquito registration).
As we have over 700 active registrations, we do ask for your patience throughout this process. We will execute all refunds as quickly as possible.
We would like to thank you all for sticking with us this long. We explored every possibility and option and we believe that cancellation was ultimately the appropriate conclusion for the health and safety of our players and families.
BaseballMilton Board of Directors
Current status (as of 2020-06-19):